In honour of this being a sports blog, I decided to list 10 quick sports facts about the various sports I’m interested in and that this blog will be covering. The facts were taken from a sports quiz I did recently (they give the answers at the end) and USA Today Sports.
- WILT Chamberlain didn’t win mvp the year he scored 50.4 points and grabbed 22.9 rebounds per game. Bill Russell won the award that year
- On a qwerty keyboard, “FEDERER” can be typed entirely with the left hand.
- LIECHTENSTEIN has never won any medals at the Summer Olympics. They have competed in 16 different games. Maybe 2016 will be their year.
- Prince Anne, Daughter Of Queen Elizabeth II, did not have to undergo gender verification at the 1976 Olympics due to “royal courtesy.”
- Only 72 players in nba history have attempted more free throws in their careers than the 5,317 Shaquille O’neal MISSED.
- Starting in 1990, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls didn’t have a three-game losing streak for eight years and rarely lost two in a row/
- In 2010, South Africa became the first and only host country to be eliminated from the World Cup in the first round.
- Warren Moon is the all time leader in fumbles and fumbles recovered.
- Like basketball goals, NFL goal posts are 10 feet high.
- Brazil has finished in the top sixteen at least in every World Cup tournament since its inception.
DO you have any interesting trivia or links to any sports quizzes? Questions? Let me know by email or in the comments.