So my last post about sports trivia received a lot of hits and I’m really appreciative of all the visitors and the love. I’m so appreciative, in fact, that I have decided to do another post in the same vein. This will be the last one like this though.
This one will be about basketball facts and these were taken from the answers of a basketball trivia quiz.
So without further ado, here’s the list:
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar scored more than 1000 points in 19 of his 20 seasons. He fell under 1000 in a season for the first time in his final season at age 41 –> Scoring Machine.
- The USA has been dominant in the Olympics for basketball since the sport was added in 1936 when the US team won the first gold medal. Who’s looking forward to Rio in a few weeks though??
- The Knicks have been playing at Madison Square Garden since the building was opened in 1968. That’s almost 50 years!
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar had a different name before he became KAJ. He was Lew Alcindor at UCLA and his first two NBA seasons.
- Wilt Chamberlain is the only player to average 50ppg in a season, or even 40+.He averaged 50.4ppg in the 1961-62 season.
- Wilt holds the 4 highest ppg season averages in NBA history.
- The Golden State Warriors became the first team in NBA history to come back from being down 3-1 in a series and lose a series after being UP 3-1 in the same playoffs.
That’s all I have for now guys. Do you have any? Feel free to comment and let the boy know!
Talk to ya soon!